Monday, January 28, 2013

Dream in 2013



Do you have dreams/goals for your life?  Chances are, as a human, you do.  Most of us do have dreams for our lives.  These dreams could be your New Year’s Resolutions or goals you’ve wanted to achieve for a while now.  Is there a specific dream that you thought was “too big” to fulfill?  Why do you think that is?  Is anything “too big” for God?  Shouldn’t we start dreaming God-sized dreams?

In our church, we have been discussing what we want to see for this year, about what our dreams are.  We believe that this is the year for dreams to come to life. 

I believe that the dreams you have for yourself are dreams put there for a reason.  They’re dreams that you desire for yourself, and that’s definitely not wrong.  It’s not wrong to want something. 

But, when we want something, we think, “Why should we get it?”  Why indeed.  But why don’t we transfer that “why” into “why not?”  Why can’t that happen for you?  There’s no reason that it shouldn’t. 


Dr. David Cole (Virginia Tech Professor) found the following:
People who wrote their goals earned 9 times as much as those who didn't.
He asked people "What are your goals for life?"
80% didn't know.
16% have goals but never have written them down.
4% written their goals but never review them.
1% wrote goals and review them on a weekly basis
Those 1% are millionaires.

Doesn't it stand to reason that that 1% have figured out a good formula for pursing their dreams?




Habakkuk 2: 2, 3 (ESV) says, “And the Lord answered me: write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.  For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end – it will not lie.  If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.”



Even the Bible tells us to write down our visions and make it plan on tablets.   So, my family and I have begun writing down our dreams.  So far, things are coming to pass!  My sister wrote down something that pertained to her and her husband’s financial needs, and it came true!  God answered their request!  He saw their dream and gave it to them!




I wrote down something, and thus far, it is coming to pass!  I can see it; I can feel it; I believe it. 




Now, believing it, that’s the key!  Don’t just write down your dreams and let them pass by.  Put some stock behind them.  Vision them coming true, believe they’ll come true!  Why not?  Why wouldn’t God give you what you want? 




God is there is every aspect of our lives: financially, socially, emotionally, physically, in health.  He isn’t a onetime only God!  He’s an ALWAYS God! 




Write down your dreams.  Focus on those dreams.  Pray about those dreams.  Believe in those dreams.  Why not?


“Where there is no vision, the people perish.” Proverbs 19:18

Feel free to download this, edit it in Photoshop, Paint, whatever, and write down your dreams!  It can't hurt!


4 comments:

  1. Very inspiring post, Emerald! I really need to get my goals written down for this year...last year I did that and I achieved all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it inspiring! When I heard it in church, I was more inspired than ever! And congratulations on your success!! I'm so very happy for you!

      Delete
  2. Each January I write out my goals for the new year. I may not fully achieve every goal, but by the end of the year I'm always closer to completion than if I hadn't thought about what I hoped to accomplish and committed it to the page. I also use vision boards. Thank you for this post and for including the bible verses, Emerald.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of vision boards, Anita! I'm glad you do that. It definitely helps me to be focused and centered. And you're welcome! Those verses are definitely something to keep posted on the wall because they are motivators! :)

      Delete