Tuesday, July 16, 2013

God Will Supply Your Needs



I'm so sorry that I've been absent for a month on my blog!  I've had a busy month on the author front, touring my books, searching for agents, and trying not to stress over it all.  That's partly why I've written this post.  It's not just my worries on the financial front, but others that sparked this post.  


There seems to be a lot of unnecessary worry over things that we don’t have control over.  The money for this month’s bills isn’t in.  If we have the money to pay the bills, we don’t have money for anything else.  Making ends meet is difficult, and it’s stressful.  But that doesn’t mean God doesn’t love or care for us.  Because Paul said, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)

But what happens when we’re still struggling?  We pray and pray and pray.  We cry out to God, begging for answers, but it doesn’t seem like our need is being met.  But we’re human, and our eyes are deceiving.  When was the last time you went hungry?  What was the last bill that you couldn’t pay? 

Psalm 37:25
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

God has made us a promise.  God has promised to supply all our needs, and in return, His seed (us) will not beg for bread (or anything else that you need.)  God doesn’t want His children struggling.  Why?  If we’re struggling, we can’t focus on Him, because our minds are on something else.  If we’re worrying, we’re pushing God out of the equation, and God needs to be right in the middle of that equation.

Your equation needs to look like this: 

God + Tithes/Offerings – Worry – The Devil = Peace and Needs Met

Take the worry out of your life.  God cares about you.  God is not going to let you suffer.  He has proven to me over and over again just how much He loves me.  I’m not rich, nor am I famous (yet), but God has supplied my need!  He’s given me money to pay my bills, to sow into other ministries and church, and the money to go out with my friends.  I may come close to being extremely low on cash, but God never fails in giving back what I sow! 

Notice that I’ve been talking about sowing seeds.  God loves a cheerful giver!  (2 Corinthians 9:7)  Don’t be stingy in giving God your money because really, you wouldn’t have gotten that money if it hadn’t been for God. 

Malachi 3:7-12
Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?  Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.  Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.  Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.  And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.  And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

When we give tithes and offerings, God gives back to us.  He supplies us with His riches and glory!  Every need that we have will be met with blessings that we won’t have room to receive!  Oh how good God is!  He doesn’t let His children suffer.  We cause the suffering.  The devil causing our suffering.  So kick him out of the equation, kick worry out and you’re left with peace and every need supplied. 

Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment