Monday, March 7, 2016

Where is my faith?



At times, I find myself wondering where God is. Why isn’t He listening to me? Is He truly answering my prayers? Why aren’t they being answered in the way that I’ve prayed? Jesus said, “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” (Mark 11:24 ESV) So why am I not getting what I’ve been asking for? The question isn’t so much as “Why?” as I have figured out but more so, “Where is my faith?”

Faith is hard. There’s no denying that. It’s believing for something that you can’t see. It’s “the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1) You’re essentially just hoping and believing for something to happen that you can’t see happening. Sounds easy, right? *sarcasm intended*

When you know that God has everything in control, you tend to have more faith. You know that God will do anything, whatever it takes to help you in your time of need, but there will always come a moment of weakness when the devil steps in and whispers quietly, “Why would your God do that for you?” And then you start wondering, why would He? Who am I? Why would He give me something that I want or need? I’m unworthy!

God didn’t tell you it was your job to worthy. No. None of us is worthy but Him. It’s your job to have FAITH in God. Faith activates God. When He knows that you believe irrevocably that He can move a mountain, it will happen, but what happens when that little bitty grain of doubt sets in? It grows, and the mountain stays.

Let me say this. It’s okay to have a moment where faith is hard. It’s okay to be human. God gave us emotions for a reason, but it’s our place to, as my mother would said, “Suck it up, buttercup,” and move on, build that faith back up and believe that God will give us whatever we ask for.

Again, it’s not easy. Faith is probably one of the hardest things to have because Satan knows that he’s good at his job. He knows how to wriggle his way in and make us doubt anything and everything. He can put us in our place and cripple us with doubts and fears. That’s what he does because he doesn’t wanting us believing that God will save us, that God will give us everything that we ask for. Once we doubt, getting an answer out of God is more difficult because it takes our focus off of Him and moves it to the problem.

So why is it easier to believe the lies than it is to believe the truth? For as long as I can remember, I’ve always known the Bible to be true. I’ve always believed its words, yet I can’t force myself to believe that God will take care of me? What’s wrong with this picture? Those are God’s words, too. I mean, I can’t believe the Bible and then not believe that my prayers will be answered. So why do I? 



It’s simple. The devil comes in at my weakest and makes me doubt everything I’ve ever known. Again, he’s good at his job, but we have to be better. We have to rise above and believe that God is faithful, even when we aren’t.

I know one thing for sure. My faith can be low at times, and at times, it can be very high. What I need to work on is keeping it high. God works when there is more faith. When I praise Him, I’m saying, “God, I know You got this. Thank you.” And I need to leave it at that. I need to tell the devil, “Not today, man. I’m done with you,” and move on.

Smith Wigglesworth woke up one night to see a demon at the end of his bed. He said, “Oh. It’s you again,” and rolled over and went back to sleep without worrying what that devil wanted. That right there is #goals. I want to be able to say, “Oh. It’s you again,” roll over and go back to sleep without letting anything bug me. I don’t like doubting my Father, and living in fear isn’t the way I want to live.

We need to start believing in God’s faithfulness to us more. Don’t stay in doubt forever. Put on your worship music and believe that God’s words won’t return void. It’s time to look at that mountain (fear, doubt, whatever), speak “move” full of faith, and watch it move.

No comments:

Post a Comment