Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Don't Be Bound by Your Chains



Imagine being bound.  Not with just handcuffs but with chains, thick, heavy, and lots of them.  They are across your back, tying your hands down, arms, legs and feet too.  You can’t breathe; you beg for mercy yet you can’t find it.  There’s no means of escape, and you feel hopeless.  There’s no one to save you, and you want to give up. 


This is how our fears, doubts, addictions, worries, and whatever sin in our lives weigh us down.  We’re bound by them, unable to function or breathe.  They bind us and keep us from living a fulfilling and joyous life.  Yet, we keep them.  We don’t want them to do what they do, but we don’t get rid of them. 

I’m no exception to this.  I let my doubts, worries, and fears bind me.  When I don’t think that I can pay a bill, I let worry eat at me until I’m literally sick.  That’s a chain.  That chain will keep me from fully serving God.  How can I trust Him, have faith in Him, when I’m doubting His ability to take care of me? 

And it’s God who is our Provider.  It’s not the man who signs our checks.  It’s God.  So, why do we doubt Him and let these chains bind us?  We’re human.  We want total control, even if it makes us miserable, but we need to get rid of that.  We need to let God drive us.  He made us to serve Him, and what better way to serve Him than to give Him complete control of our lives?  What can believing Him for help hurt?  It can’t.  It will on HELP us. 

I saw this vision in my spirit one day during church.  Our praise team was singing about how the power of Jesus’ Blood will break every chain in our lives.  God showed me chains literally falling off of His children, landing at the feet of our Savior.  I saw Jesus sitting in a throne.  His feet were nail-scarred so were His hands.  He was clothed in white, and the heavy silver chains were lying at those nail-scarred feet.  Oh imagine how freeing that was!  To see that my chains were lying at Jesus’ feet!  We don’t have to be bound by these chains.  We can choose LIFE!  What kind of life is it to feel like we’re carrying around a heavy burden?  We don’t have to. 

How do you get rid of your chains?  It’s easy.  Praise and Thanksgiving!  Do you remember Paul and Silas who were imprisoned?  Instead of letting their chains get them down, they decided that they were going to sing to God and praise Him!  What happened then?  There was an earthquake, and their chains were loosed and the door to the cell was opened!  They were free, all because they sang praises to God!

Acts 16:25, 26                                                                                                                        
 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

Ask God to help you get rid of those chains today.  It’s your decision to let them go and live a happy, full life without the burden of these chains.  God loves you, and He wants you to be free!


No comments:

Post a Comment